Monday, February 15, 2010

This post comes courtesy of our college friend Tim Bonk and his son, Will, who is 7. File it under the category of kids saying goofy but pretty funny stuff.

Tim told his children that we have moved to Tokyo….the following conversation with Will ensued:

Will: "Awww, I feel sorry for them."
Tim: "Why do you feel sorry for them"
"Japan is all wrecked up."
“No Will, that must be Haiti your thinking of.”
"No, there was an atomic bomb and everything got messed up."
“Will, that was in 1945.”
"They rebuilt?"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Leigh
    The 2 of you are great writers. You need to write a book about all of this when you are done - it would be a hit! I love reading your blog. Oh man! - the phone story - gees! I'll remember that when I get into my next frustrating situation. Perhaps we don't have to feel so inferior to the Japan ethic after all.

    Bummer about your TV but I bet they sell TV's in Japan!!!! Can you get English stations? Does Netflix reach that far? Oh man what a cultural (ah-h-h-h...) surreal experience.

    I'm doing well. My prognosis is not technically good as the lymphoma I have is chemo resistant but I am almost healed from the radiation and I am getting my mojo back. I feel the best I have felt since August. When my labs are normal & stable I intend to get this port out & start up my tennis again - boy will I be bad! I remember you & I playing tennis on the 4th of July , then going to the movies afterwards - how sweet it was.

    Going back to the Mayo Clinic to check out some stuff they saw in my belly last time. I was there for 3 weeks in January for radiation therapy. 7 friends & family came to stay with me - isn't that both amazing & too cool! I am one lucky duck!

    I so admire your good humor, your savvy, your grit and your sense of adventure. What tales you will have to tell!
    Love, Nancy Chess

    ReplyDelete