Monday, January 10, 2011

Hanna's 5th Birthday


The Garrisons, January 8, 2011- Hanna's 5th Birthday

Hanna turned 5 on January 8th! She woke up and said "Mommy! Mommy! I am five now, but I don't think I am any taller!" Apparently she thought she would wake up a different person!! :) Last year, we arrived here in Tokyo 3 days before her birthday-we knew no one, the girls didn't have any friends, they were jet lagged and we were in a city that we didn't know our way around at all. What a difference a year makes!


At the 100Yen Park

For her birthday, I had ordered some gifts, to be sent via Expat Express. I ordered them in early December, but the didn't actually arrive until the day after her birthday! Poor Hanna! I did have two small things for her here, so I wrapped those, and between that and grandparent gifts, she did have some things to open on her birthday! On her actual Birthday, Hanna wanted to go to the 100Yen park, so we spent the afternoon playing, and then going out to eat at TGI Fridays- they take your picture, sing you Happy Birthday and give you a free ice cream dessert- all great reasons to choose to go there for dinner.


Blowing out the candles on cake #1

Because most of her friends were still on Winter Break, we didn't have her party until January 15th. She choose to invite most of the little girls in our building, as well as one additional friend from school. We went out together and picked out a Flower Pinata, and we ordered Pizza and cake and played a fun game of Bingo for prizes. It was a great, easy party, and all the kids seemed to have a really good time.


Hanna hitting the Pinata


Hanna and her friends

I personally can't believe my baby is 5 years old- I am going to try to soak in all the hugs and kisses I can, before they are both too old to want to give me them!

No comments:

Post a Comment