Thursday, November 24, 2011

Kobe Beef with Friends

On Tuesday, November 22nd, Scott and I were invited by his friend Yoshi, to a night of Kobe Beef at Little Lima, in Aoyama. Friends of Yoshi's own this restaurant, and they closed it down just for the 5 of us. It was our first time trying Kobe beef, and I am hoping, it is not the last.

Kobe Beef...Delicious! 
Dessert- Marinated pear- unbelievable!

Our group with the Chef's/Owner's of Little Lima  
The restaurant was set up similar to a smaller hibachi grill- the grill was right in front of us, and they did all the cooking right there where we could watch. We started with raw kobe beef. I tried a little of Scott's but did not have my own- the thought of having raw beef really didn't sound appealing or safe...that being said, everyone else loved it, which intrigued me to try a little myself- it was delicious! After the raw beef, we had oysters that were smothered in Lemon- they were absolutely to die for. I am not an oyster eater, but could not say no to these for two reasons- first, I already turned down the raw beef, and I didn't want to be offensive to the cook (hard to divert his attention with only 5 people in the restaurant, and the fact that he was cooking and serving each of us everything!). Secondly, the oysters and lemon smelled delicious and I just had to try them. Our third portion was grilled onion, beans and Hokkaido potatoes, then on to the Kobe beef- all different cuts. It was mouth watering!!! By the time we were done with that, I didn't think I could stuff one more thing into my mouth....until they brought over the marinated pear for dessert. Oh My God- it was the best tasting dessert I have ever had- so good, I took a photo so I could remember it! The meal was fantastic, and the night was just as wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment