Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cookie Exchange with a Holiday twist!


On Monday, December 5th, Karen Pond and I hosted a Christmas cookie/gift exchange, with a Washi Egg class to start, for our friends at LaTour as well as some of our neighborhood friends. The day started with 5 of us meeting with Karen for a Washi Egg lesson. Washi eggs are something I have been wanting to learn since we moved here, and Karen has done several classes, all of which I missed.  I asked her if she could do one more, so I could learn before I left and she graciously agreed! Washi Eggs are a process-you first have to poke a hole in the egg and drain all the yolk and inside "stuff". They need to dry for 4-5 days prior to putting the washi paper on them. Washi paper is a traditional Japanese paper that is thin and used to cover boxes, eggs and a lot of other things, and it is beautiful!

Some of our Washi Eggs!


We had 14 ladies show up with delicious cookies and wonderful gifts to exchange! A truly fantastic day!!

Katie, Megumi, Colleen, Jenny, Denise, Daisy, Karen, Signe
Yuko, Kim, Miyuki, Linda, Teresa and I

No comments:

Post a Comment