Monday, March 15, 2010

We FINALLY got our car this past Thursday. It is a Honda Stream, sort of a cross between a small minivan and a station wagon. It has been an adventure, I will say. I thought Scott was going to pass out when I was driving this morning...I think he actually screamed once (ok, so driving in Tokyo is hard!! Wrong side of the road, small, teeny weeny roads, bikes all over the place and people who could care less that a car is coming!). I kind of drifted into the lane next to me and almost got us hit by a van (I don't think it was as bad as Scott thinks though!!), and then got stuck on a very, very small street, with a car coming at me...basically was up on the curb trying to get around each other...I was shaking and sweating..not a good way to start the day!! But, I am going to do it again tomorrow- I refuse to not drive the car, now that we have it. I know after a few days, I will get better and more comfortable, so I just have to buck up and do it.

Scott ended up driving us all over Tokyo yesterday...Maya had two birthday parties this weekend, and one was completely across town. The way there was great- the navigation system got us there just perfectly. The way home, the darn navi brought us right into the heart of Shibuya- crazy, crazy Shibuya (this is where the Starbucks with the most turnover in the WORLD is- serves more people per day than any other Starbucks ANYWHERE!!). We almost got hit by a guy who decided to speed up when he saw us, and then ended up heading in the wrong direction....but, Scott got us home, and that is what counts, right?? I would probably still be there crying if it were me!! :)

I also just put out a bunch of new pictures on FaceBook, if you are interested in taking a look!

Overall, best week in Tokyo yet bar none....and looking forward to more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment